1. Never leave a dog alone in a car
2. Be aware of keeping your dog cool when on car journeys together e.g. leave a window open for fresh air and stop regularly to check your animal properly
3. Always ensure a plentiful supply of drinking water.
4. Never leave a dog in a sunny place with no shade.
5. Give long haired dogs a short clip.
6. Exercise the dog out of the heat i.e. morning or evening.
7. Take your dog for a cool swim rather than a walk.
8. Give your dog 10% less food than normal.
9. Give the meals at cooler times of the day e.g. morning and evening.
10. Carry water with you when out on hot days, and give your dog frequent small amounts.